I asked myself this morning “what would I like to write about in my next blog?” I decided ‘meditation’ was the next topic I’d write about. Then while I was waiting to attend an appointment later on the same day, I started browsing through a book called Mind Body Spirit by Mark Evans. And low and behold; the section that stuck out like a neon light was about meditation……………
I would like to ask you – do you meditate? If you answered yes to my question; then well done and thank you for taking the time to take care for your well-being. Your soul will thank you for it and of course the universe will in return. And if you answered no, then I would like to suggest you consider the possibility of doing so.
Meditation has so many benefits. I would not know where to begin. What I can say is that I have been meditating for years now. And I am all the more better for doing it (as is my family). It makes me feel so enlightened, so calm, so peaceful, so connected and so present. It takes me out of my head and into my heart and body. And it sets me up for success with whatever I am putting my focus on. I could keep going on and on about how meditation benefits me. And for all the other meditators out there, I am sure you would all agree with me.
When I don’t meditate (and it does happen at times), I feel almost awful. I feel so out of balance within myself, so disconnected from who I am. I am less in control and way more in my head – this makes my clarity and decision making abilities very strained. In my line of work, this is not good! Not to mention it feels like a sin to my well-being if I don’t meditate regularly.
To support my recommendation for meditation, here are some benefits…………….
- It will relax you mentally and physically
- It will cause you to feel refreshed
- It will improve your concentration
- It will assist you to alleviate stress
- Issues will bother you less – much less in my experience!
- You will gain a wider perspective and see things in a different light
- You will feel more whole and connected
- Your ability to be in control will improve
- Your mind and body will be more aligned
- It will trigger endorphins which promote a feeling of well-being
- Endorphins can linger for some time after meditation
- Endorphins will boost and re-charge the immune system assisting you to fight off all kinds of infections
These are just some of the benefits of meditation. So I ask you to give it a try if you have not yet started and let me know how you go. I assure you, you will feel so great that you will want to keep going. And your life and the people around you will benefit also.